Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sunflowers Tower above Will



We had a couple of sunny days this week and the garden seemed to explode. The volunteer sunflowers are taller than my son. The mystery squash is vining onto the patio, much to the irritation of my husband. The peas are producing like mad: 60 this morning. I planted two rows of carrots this week - which of course, are not up yet. The edamames are struggling and the corn looks anemic. However, the garlic is thriving and has these cute little curly tips.

I bought some flowers for the garden - an impulse buy really. They look great around my peach tree (also a volunteer from many years ago.) I grew some forget me nots from seed this winter - along with some alyssum. It looks like a little bouquet at the bottom of the tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment