Thursday, June 4, 2009

Early June





We have had lots of rain and cooler temperatures for the past couple of weeks. The potatoes seem to love this. Beets are up and happy. The peppers, however, have all but been shredded and eaten. I will have to replant.


The picture on the left is a wide-angle shot of the bindweed bloom - which also enjoyed the rain. Next is a picture of my yukon gold potatoes and then a shot of my tomatoes (Constoluto Genovese - lovingly grown from seed - fingers still crossed) which were planted after the bindweed was evicted. My cat Simon is also lurking about in that picture. I have a super volunteer sunflower crop and I plan to let some of them grow in the middle of all the beds. Last year the native Colorado sunflowers (we call them Ditch Weed) grew like crazy and brought lots of bees and yellow birds. The last picture has my green beans in it - although they are a little touch to see because the sunflower is so prominant.

No comments:

Post a Comment