Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New Ground Cherry Tomatoes

This year I bought a bunch of fun seeds in the winter, did my best with them, and the results were mixed. The fancy peppers all died because of hail and cold. The fancy italian onions look great - I am hopeful. The leeks are plugging along. The tomatoes from seed seem to be doing alright - although I think they are slower than the seedlings I have bought from the store in previous years. Again, it has been a cold early summer - so I don't know what the deal is.

Anyway, one seed that seems to have done well are the Ground Cherry Tomatoes. I have never tasted or grown these - so I am hoping they will be fun. There never seems to be enough fruit around - especially with kids. Here is a picture of the Ground Cherry plant now:

No comments:

Post a Comment